Sunday, August 17, 2008

Racing Day
On Saturday, at almost 30 weeks pregnant, I ran a 5K at a local metro park and came in 2nd in my age group of 20-29. My time was 28:15. I received plenty of strange looks but it was fun and inspiring to still be running and feeling good this far along in my pregnancy. My good friend Holli ran with me. She is awesome. Thanks for doing it with me Holli....even if you let the pregnant lady win! : )


8 comments:

Kari Ann said...

you are so crazy! i love it!!!

Rachel said...

You look amazing at 30 weeks and kudos to you for running the 5K and placing. It's been awhile since I checked your blog. That's awesome that you get together with Allison every once in awhile. I'm still hoping to see you guys soon. Anyway, tell the family hi from the Crops. We miss you guys and smores are sounding really good right now. Maybe we can attempt to go camping with you again:)

robertsfamof5 said...

You are such a stud!

Heidi said...

I'm impressed Jen! I'm 14 weeks pregnant and struggling to find the motivation to go run outside my house. I can't imagine running a 5k right now!

Lindsay said...

Well aren't you my awesome cousin. I can't even run a block without passing out and calling for the paramedics, only to be taken home to eat an entire batch of cookies! You look great, and we hope that we get to see you all again sometime soon!

ashlee said...

You are amazing. And about the 1/2 marathon comment on my blog...Whatever, Jenny. We both know who the motivator is in our friendship :-) Maybe you could give me a piggy back ride for the next one.

Honeycombs said...

You're awesome and it is always nice to see a pregnant lady run.

Anonymous said...

Once again you are too humble. Hey, everyone- Jen failed to mention that we ran this same race (and age division) last year and HE WON FIRST PLACE!!
Cool picture of us, hey I never realized how much taller (and faster) than me you really are!